Wednesday 15 April 2009

My trip in fontainebleau







I was lucky enough to get a few days off over the easter break, and managed to get down to Fontainebleau just south of Paris. I managed to meet up with one of the guys I met during my trip in India earlier in the year and also some other friends from Boulders Climbing Wall. For those people who do not know Fontainebleau, it is one of the worlds Mecca's for bouldering. We went out there for 10 days and had great weather all in all. There was only one day that it rained and luckily it was one of our rest days. Apart from totally trashing my finger tips and injuring one of my muscles in my arm I had a great trip and managed to get up a good few problems that I did not think I would have been able to go.

What was really interesting for me though was on Saturday night at our campsite a traveling pizza van visits. The van goes to a different venue every night, and while in Britain we would think of this as being nothing new the amazing thing about the van was the pizza oven. It wasa real wood burning oven. This for me tied into a number of research pieces I have been looking into for a project I have been looking into over the last few months. It also answered a few other pieces and tied them together. I have previously written about story telling and authenticity but I have also been looking into the spontaneous and temporary as such I feel this particular example of the movable retail outlet. It had something special about it as well as have the basic delivery of a product and service it gave a experience and novelty and also in someways a story through the knowledge we all have about Italy and Pizza. 


No comments: