Monday 9 March 2009

Of the moment retailing

Further to my last few posts about retail and the immediacy of shopping. I was walking through Cardiff this weekend, and came across the below umbrella sales person. What I love about this is that the day up until that point had been a bit cold but fair sunny and there was not much of an indication of the forthcoming deluge. This then really is almost like parasitic retail i suppose. Utilising an overwhelming event that can then be taken advantage of. I am sure this must have been written about before, but in particular I like the supply and demand of it and possibly the idea of the question in the future of ownership I mean people buying these umbrella only need the umbrella for the experience of shopping through Cardiff they don't need it after so maybe it's not sold but rented??





No comments: