I am not sure if it is just me but I go through phases of writing alot on various blogs and then not writing any for ages. There is the stock response of I have been busy and now let me tell you what I have been doing. However what I really think it is, is that we as people are always learning and testing naturally we are curious and looking for new things to experience. These events are generally so different and diverse that they make you challenge your thoughts about many things. This then leads to the fact that you are not immediately able to articulate exactly what you think about the new learning and then what value that learning has.
So this last year there have been a load of experiences that have in many ways changed my thinking about a lot of issues. So for those that are interested I am listing a few issues that have stirred these changes:
- good businesses evolve and become more experienced.
- the only way you can get better is through testing and prototyping.
- i am not good at anything :-)
- owning is wrong but there is something nice about it.
- being social is a lot of effort, but saying yes is way better than staying at home.
- ideas are really not that new. making them happen is HARD.
- you are always going to meet someone who you can't have a conversation with.
- people love people, why else would you day on day cram yourself into the smallest places to get to work.
- one man occupancy cars in the morning should be band.
- every so often there will be an amazing tv advert that gets things just right.
- street games really, really, really create amazing life changing experiences for the players.
I think that is about it. I am going to try and write about all of these as soon as I get a chance. IS there any one in particular people would like to hear about first?