Saturday 27 November 2010

tactileBOSCH tenure

tactileBOSCH tenure

On the wettest evening of the year me and Alison managed to get out to the tenure show of tactileBOSCH last week. I am ashamed to say this is the first time I have been to the art gallery. For the show tactileBOSCH had a number of artists produce installations from small pieces through to fully immersive walkthrough spaces. For me the show itself was interesting but nothing really stood out. What was interesting to me however was the space itself. The gallery is an old Victorian Laundry warehouse and the layout and dilapidated nature of the building was fascinating. As we went around the gallery me and Allie were talking about how the space would be amazing to play a game in it.

There are so many opportunities due to the unique spaces within the gallery that would be great to explore. We have been thinking how we might be able to move the ARK in the PARK forward and develop it into a small but annual game festival that allows new games to be tested, old ones to be re-loved and the skills acquired to be then introduced into new and exciting ways of involving people through games workshops.

No comments: