Wednesday 22 September 2010

Public spirit

IMG_1797
After the exploits of igfest (which I still need to blog about), I decided to go climbing to stretch out the muscles. I was not looking forward to it as I thought it would be a rubbish session, in the end though got up a fair bit and felt alot better for it. When I finally came around to catching the bus home I saw the ticket stuck on the window of the bus stop.

I already had a day to go so couldn't use it, but it did get me thinking about this and whether it is a good or bad idea etc. If for example someone developed a system that openly tracked where tickets were people could exchange tickets all the time bringing travel costs down massively. However the reverse of this is that this would in turn increase the original ticket price. There is something to the social idea of it and how people can exchange rather than sell.

No comments: