Friday 6 March 2009

petaminx

I came across this today and seeing I have just been trying to do a rubix cube this has put me to shame. The Petaminx has 975 individual parts not including the stickers. What I found really remarkable though is the story behind the making of Petaminx, The original design was produced by Andrew Cormier and he publicly posted it on a puzzle forum for people to discuss. From here though things took an interesting turn with Jason one of the forum members deciding that he would actually make the puzzle. It took him around 75 hours including the moulding process and assembly.

The piece will be sold on Ebay and is thought that it will raise a hefty sum. For me the really interesting thing about this is the idea of supply and demand and almost a new way of retailing and bringing back to a Artisan / barter system.


No comments: